Do you want to turn on the hotspot on your iPhone 12 and connect other devices to the Wi-fi?
If yes, then you just have come to the right place.
iPhone 12 has been one of the most popular devices from Apple. There are many users who use iPhone 12 as their daily driver. However, sometimes, iPhone 12 users needs to turn on the portable hotspot of their devices.
This way, they can share the Internet connection of their iPhone 12 with other devices. A portable hotspot makes the device a portable Internet sharing device that can be connected via Wi-fi from other devices.
So, if you want to turn on the portable Hotspot on your iPhone, then you can follow the guide below. Below, we have described how you can easily enable this feature of the iPhone 12. No matter if you are using the carrier service of Verizon or at & t, or any other carrier, you can just follow the steps below, and turn on Hotspot on your device easily.
We also have described how you can change the name and the password of the portable hotspot.
How to Turn on Hotspot on iPhone 12?
It’s really easy to turn on the hotspot on your iPhone 12. There are maninly two ways to turn on the Hotspot. You can either use the quick settings option on your device to enable the hotspot quickly, or if you are using the hotspot for the first time, you can enable it from the ‘Settings’ option of your device.
Below, we have described how you can easily enable it from the Settings option of iPhone 12.
- First of all, unlock your iPhone 12 and open the Settings option from the homepage.
- Now, go to the ‘Cellular Data’ option and make sure that cellular data or Internet is enabled on your device.
- Press back and go to the Settings option.
- Then, click on the ‘Personal Hotspot’ option to enable the hotspot on your device.
- Now, enable the ‘Allow others to join’ option to enable portable hotspot on your iPhone 12.
That’s it. It’ll enable the hotspot. You’ll see the password on that page. Note the password to connect the hotspot with other devices.
How to Connect Other Devices to iPhone 12 Hotspot?
If you want to get shared Internet on your other devices from your iPhone 12, then you can follow the process below.
- First of all, enable portable hotspot on iPhone 12 using the above method.
- Now, enable Wi-fi on the other device.
- You’ll see the name of your iPhone 12 appearing on the scanned devices. Connect to the iPhoene 12.
- Enter the password that you got from the hotspot option of iPhone 12.
That’s it. It’ll connect to your device and you’ll be able to use the Internet on your other device.
How to Change Hotspot Password on iPhone 12?
By deafult you’ll get a secured random Wi-fi hotspot password on your iPhone 12. However, if you are facing difficulties remembering the password, you can just change it. Follow the below guide to change the default hotspot passwod of iPhone 12.
- First of all, open the Settings option on your iPhone 12.
- Now, go to the ‘Portable Hotspot’ option and you’ll see ‘Wi-fi Password’ option there. Click on it.
- Then, enter the new password that you want to set as the hotspot password of iPhone 12.
That’s it. Now, save the password and it’ll change the default hotspot password.
How to Change the Name of Personal Hotspot on iPhone 12?
Do you want to change the default name of your Wi-fi hotspot? If yes, then you can do that easily.
By default iPhone uses the device name as the hotspot name. So, you won’t get the option to change the name in the Portable Hotspot settings. To change the name, you have to change the name of your iPhone 12 device.
- Follow the below guide to do that.
- Firstly, open the Settings option of your iPhone 12.
- Now, go to the General>About>Name option.
- You’ll see the name of the device. Now, click on it, and change the name of the device.
- Save it.
That’s it. Now, you’ll see that it also has changed the name of the personal hotspot of your iPhone.
iPhone Personal Hotspot Not Working
Are you facing difficulties while enabling hotspot on iPhone 12 or connecting to the hotspot? If yes, then there could be some reasons why you are facing this issue. Below, we have described the reasons and the solutions to fix iPhone personal hotspot not working issue.
- Make sure your Internet carrier has Hotspot sharing option. Some Internet providers might block the personal hotspot option on your iPhone 12. So, you need to check with your network carrier.
- Check the password of hotspot and change it. Sometimes, if you have changed the hotspot password, already connected devices will be disconnected from the hotspot. So, you have to enter the password again.
- Make sure you have a valid Internet plan.
It’s really easy to enable personal hotspot on your iPhone. Just follow the above steps, and you’ll be able to do that. If you face any issue when turning on the hotspot, you can just comment down in the comment section below, and we’ll try to solve your problem.