Are you facing ‘MMS messaging needs to be enabled’ while sending or receiving MMS on your iPhone or Android?
If yes, then you just have come to the right place.
This error is a common error that many smartphones and tablet users face, especially iPhone users.
So, if you want to fix this problem and send or receive MMS on your device, then you can read the guide below. Below, we have described how you can easily fix the MMS messaging needs to be enabled issue on your iPhone or Android.
After following the guide, you’ll be able to fix this issue successfully.
What is MMS Messaging?
MMS stands for Multimedia Messaging Service. MMS is a technology for mobile phones that helps users to send multimedia files over a cellular network.
Compared to traditional SMS services, MMS is different. Because, where SMS has limitations in sending characters, MMS helps you to send media files including photos and videos.
However, the charges of MMS differ from carrier to carrier. You usually get MMS service on the latest Android phones and iPhones. If you don’t use iMessage on iPhone, or other social media VOIP apps, then you can use MMS to send media files from one device to another.
Why You Face MMS Messaging Needs to Be Enabled on iPhone or Android?
When sending or receiving MMS on their devices, many users have seen the MMS messaging needs to be enabled error. Most iOS or iPhone users have faced this issue. There could be different reasons why you might face this issue on your device.
- If MMS is not enabled in the messaging app of your iPhone or Android device, you’ll face this issue.
- If you have not set the MMS APN on your Android device, you’ll face this problem.
- If there’s no MMS pack active on your mobile number, and if your carrier has blocked MMS on your device, you might face this issue.
How to Fix MMS Messaging Needs to Be Enabled Issue?
Follow the below steps to fix this issue on your iPhone or Android device.
1. On iPhone/iPad
Mostly, iPhone users face this error when sending or receiving MMS on their devices. Below, we have described how you can fix this issue on your iPhone easily.
You have to enable the MMS messaging on your iPhone or iPad manually if it’s turned off to fix this issue.
- First of all, unlock your iPhone or iPad and open the ‘Settings’ option.
- Now, go to the ‘Messages’ option from Settings. You can scroll down and find it, or you can just search in the search box to find the option.
- Scroll down until you find the option to enable ‘MMS Messaging’.
- Enable MMS Messaging on your iPhone or iPad.
That’s it. Now, try to sending or receiving MMS on your iPhone or iPad.
2. On Android
Many Android users also face this issue when sending or receiving MMS on their Android devices. If you are facing this issue on your Android device, you can follow the steps below to fix it.
To fix this problem on your Android device, you have to enable or add MMS APN on your Android device.
- First of all, open the Settings option on your Android device.
- Then, go to the ‘Mobile Network>Select Your SIM Card>Access Point Names’ option.
- See if there’s any MMS Access Point Name is available or not.
- If there’s no MMS APN is available, click on the ‘+’ icon to add the APN.
- You’ll get the specific APN for your SIM card from your carrier. So, add the APN, and save it.
That’s it. Now, try to send or receive MMS on your Android device.
The MMS messaging needs to be enabled is an annoying issue that many mobile users face. So, if you are facing this issue too, you can just follow the below steps, and fix this issue easily. If you are still not able to fix this problem, just comment down in the comment section below, and we’ll try to help you.